I promised you more information about the participation of Cora Cooks in the food blog fundraiser known as Menu for Hope V - so here it is.
This is the fifth December that Pim Techamuanvivit, who blogs about food from around the world at Chez Pim, has gathered her food blogger friends to help raise money for a worthy cause. Last year's raffle raised over $90,000!
Of course, since we are food bloggers, we want to help with - what else - FOOD! So, by donating all manner of interesting food related items, and then posting the raffle on our blogs, we share comfort and joy with food. This year, for the second year in a row, donations will go toward helping the UN's World Food Program feed lunches to hungry young school children in Lesotho, South Africa.
As a new-ish food blogger, who has only met a few of my fellow food bloggers in person, I am so honored to offer this beautiful Lemongrass Le Creuset 5 1/2 qt. Dutch Oven - remember #UE21 - for the raffle, and a chance for my fantastic readers - that's YOU! - to participate too!
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll just go look at all the prizes and decide what I want to bid on, while you read all about how it works:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope. The Cora Cooks prize is #UE21.
2. Go to the donation site at First Giving and make a donation.
3. Each $10 raffle ticket you donate will give you one chance toward a prize of your choice. Of course, you can purchase as many chances as you like.
Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section on the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code.
For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02
4. If your company or employer matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we can claim the corporate match.
5. Please allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you - just in case you WIN!. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
6. Winners will also be announced on Chez Pim in January.
7. Go to the Master List of Prizes to see all the prizes for bidding. You can also check out prizes at each regional host blog:
Europe *including* the UK
Sara of Ms.Adventures in Italy
US: West Coast
Matt Armendariz of Matt Bites
US: East Coast
Jaden Hair of Steamy Kitchen
Meena Agarwal of Hooked on Heat
Asia Pacific, Australia, New Zealand
Ed Charles of Tomato
and, last but not least, our special Wine Blog Host
Alder of Vinography
Or, if you're ready to give now, just go to our donation site at FirstGiving.
This year I am hopeful the readers of Cora Cooks will join in this wonderful opportunity to help Pim and this community of food bloggers to give the gift of food to the United Nation's World Food Program.
We all thank you for your support!