I realize that it is ridiculous to have so many cookbooks, but I just love to read them and look at the pictures. Sometimes I whip up a recipe, but not always. Often it is just the appreciation the author has for food that draws me inside the pages, where I can hang out for a while and soak up the atmosphere, taste the food in my mind, and then close the page on calories. When I do find a great cookbook, I put it on the Cora Cooks Hall of Fame shelf, and return to it time and time again. Recipes from its pages are the ones most often shared with friends and readers. These are also the cookbooks I am most likely to give as gifts to new cooks, brides, or friends who share my love for a good read or good food.
Some food bloggers receive advance copies of cookbooks to review, and then offer them as giveaways to readers. Maybe someday I'll be a cookbook reviewer too, and have lots of books to share. But I decided I don't have to wait until then to give away a cookbook! Don't worry, I'm not breaking up my old gang, or offering anyone a castoff.
It seems the most popular method for the book giveaway is to hold a random drawing, usually from readers leaving comments. OK, let's do it that way!
This cookbook giveaway is for a brand new copy of one of my all time favorites -- The Coastal Living Cookbook.
- Leave a comment on this post and tell me your favorite cookbook and why it is your favorite.
- One week from the date of this post, the name of each person who leaves a comment will go on a slip of paper, placed in a big mixing bowl, and I will draw out the winning name.
- The winner's name will be posted here that day, and the cookbook will be mailed to the winner.
- Please check the option to include your email address on your comment - OR - send your email address to me at CoraCooksBlog at Gmail Dot Com. (Click on the Send Email To Me link in the left column.)
- Your book will be mailed to you as soon as I verify your mailing address.
- I will post a list of the favorite cookbooks from all the comments.